Support all your food safety programs with low-cost, entry-level training. Written by food safety professionals for frontline workers, Food Safety Essentials reduces the time spent scheduling and budgeting
training with an automated system that instantly records and updates your training records.
Many food categories in the United States and abroad are now under regulated food defense and GMPs. This formative training program allows your frontline staff to easily learn and apply the basic concepts of GMPs, HACCP, food defense,
allergen control, pest management, and other important aspects of food safety. Your frontline employees will gain the basic knowledge and skills needed to produce clean and safe food. Food Safety Essentials provides a greater breadth of
content than any competitor product and includes a certificate of achievement upon passing each course exam.
With your subscription, you’ll receive an administrative account to easily manage employee progress, as well as student access to 15 unique 20-30 minute training lessons for your English and Spanish-speaking employees. Each renewable subscription
provides 12 months of access.
Who will benefit from Food Safety Essentials online training?
Make sure your QA technicians, maintenance crew, line workers, temporary workers, and hourly personnel are all on the same page as management. Train your English-speaking and Spanish-speaking employees with this bilingual product.
Food Safety Essentials can also apply to the cannabis industry to train operational compliance. Even though cannabis is not federally regulated many companies are implementing high standards in food safety and compliance programs.
Reduce the time spent scheduling and documenting employee training with our automated system. The program administrator will be able to view details of student participation, and access student grades and transcripts.
After this course, you’ll know more about:
- How personal hygiene impacts product contamination
- The three types of hazards, the seven principles of HACCP, and the difference between processes that are "in control" and those that are "out of control”
- Common allergen cross-contact issues and how to prevent them
- The difference between food safety and food defense
- How to use and check foreign material control devices
- How to properly clean equipment, utensils, and waste areas
- How to control rodent populations
- Your role in preventing food contamination from microorganisms
- Situations to look for and correct during inspections
- How to keep grounds, storage buildings, and stored items pest free.
- Common issues affecting food safety during equipment startup and breakdown
- How temperature affects food safety and quality
- What to look for before and after unloading incoming materials
- How to properly store allergenic materials
- Steps taken during a recall
- Allergen Control
- Food Defense
- Foreign Material Control
- Cleaning Practices and Schedules
- Pest Control
- Basic Microbiology
- Building Maintenance
- Outside Grounds
- Equipment Maintenance
- Incoming Material Inspections
- Temperature Control
- Storage Practices
- Traceability and Recall
FAQs Course Objectives
Enrollments are accepted any time. To purchase 12 months of access for your employees, select the appropriate number of participants below.
Don’t see a subscription level that meets your exact needs? Call our office to discuss subscriptions over 25 users and single-user add-on customization.
Technical Requirements for Food Safety Essential Administrators
- Internet access
- E-mail account (must be individual)
- Adobe Reader
Users taking the course only need internet access.