Variety Pan Breads Online
Go beyond the basics: Learn what goes into making high-quality wheat and specialty breads!
Nearly 20 percent of the United States' $40 billion bakery market is made up of wheat and specialty breads. As white bread sales decline, consumers are switching to specialty varieties including whole grain, whole wheat, multigrain and raisin breads.
AIB International's Variety Pan Breads Online training focuses on unique product characteristics, ingredients and processing variations used in the production of wheat, whole wheat, multigrain, rye and raisin breads. In this online baking specialist course, you'll learn what makes specialty pan breads stand out.
Work at your own pace, assess your understanding with pre- and post-tests, and gain the knowledge you need to further your baking career. Combine with any of the online courses in our Baking Specialist Collection to excel even further.
Offered on the LearningLab@AIB cloud platform!
Who will benefit from the Variety Pan Breads Online course?
Any baker seeking to enhance their understanding of variety pan breads and specialty grain ingredients will gain a wealth of practical information from this baking course. Production supervisors, foremen and managers, as well as line supervisors and managers, will find invaluable benefit in the course content.
After this course, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate between whole grain, refined grain and multigrain bread products, as well as the unique processes used for each type
- Identify whole grain and refined wheat ingredients
- Describe grain characteristics and grain ingredients used in baked products
- List particle size options of grains (flour, meal, grits, cracked, flaked) and describe their impact on processing and finished-product quality
- Explain shelf-life issues of specialty grain ingredients (ingredient handling)
- List grains that are gluten-free
- List ingredients and acceptable ranges in wheat, whole wheat, whole grain, multigrain, and rye breads
- Identify different types of raisins and other ingredients added to raisin breads and describe proper handling practices
- Identify ingredient and production characteristics unique to raisin pan bread
- Identify acceptable benchmark ranges of production settings for variety pan breads
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive .4 continuing education units.
Enrollments are accepted anytime; students complete the work on their own schedule. Students scoring an 80 percent or higher on the post-test will receive a document of completion. All students are allotted three years to complete the course.
Take a sneak peak at the course