Whether you’re just beginning the GFSI Certification process or you’ve significantly changed your food safety management system since your last GFSI audit, a Gap Assessment will help you bridge the gaps between your current food safety management system and a certification-level system. A Gap Assessment is also useful when a new version of a standard is released or in between audits to keep your site audit ready.
Your Partner in GFSI Assessment
A Gap Assessment will evaluate your established procedures, programs, and documentation to measure how well your food safety programs align with your selected certification standard requirements.
Our Gap Assessment program is much more than a mock audit. It’s also a consulting tool that offers the best possible training – customized to your unique facility and products. We’ll help you discover areas for improvement so corrections can be made before your certification auditor arrives, saving you the resulting time and potential revenue loss of receiving non-conformances during your actual audit.
The detailed written report you’ll receive identifies areas of non-compliance as well as opportunities for improvement to help you resolve shortfalls and prepare your facility for an audit.
Available GFSI Standards
We currently offer Gap Assessments for the following certification standards:
- Brand Reputation through Compliance Global Standards (BRCGS) for Food Safety: BRCGS’s standards help promote consistency across the supply chain and cover critical topics such as HACCP system, factory environment, process control, quality management system, product control, and personnel. BRCGS is often a good fit for companies new to certification audits because the standards are very descriptive in their expectations and provide clear direction for what is needed for each written program.
- BRCGS Storage and Distribution: This certification audit bridges the gap between food manufacturers and retailers by promoting best practices and facilitating a process of continuous improvement through a risk-based product safety management system, ensuring that product quality and safety are maintained throughout storage and distribution.
- BRCGS Packaging and Packaging Materials: This standard focuses on quality and functional aspects of packaging which complement the established requirements of food packaging plant GMPs.
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 Food Manufacturing: Certification to this standard is designed for companies that process or manufacture animal products, perishable plant products, products with a long shelf-life, and food ingredients (e.g., additives, vitamins and bio-cultures). FSSC 22000 contains a complete certification scheme for food safety systems based on existing ISO standards.
- FSSC 22000 Packaging: Certification to this standard is designed for companies that manufacture food packaging materials, including printing, paper, plastic, metal, and glass. Packaging manufacturers that are already certified against ISO 22000 will only need an additional review against ISO/TS 22004 to meet this certification scheme.
- International Featured Standard (IFS): IFS standards are risk-based against food safety, legality, and quality requirements and apply to companies that process food or pack loose food products. IFS Food is especially important to food manufacturers that produce private labels because it contains many requirements related to specifications compliance.
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program: The SQF Code includes audit modules for food manufacturing, packaging, and storage and distribution. It meets the needs of all suppliers in the food industry and emphasizes the systematic application of HACCP for control of hazards. SQF implementation addresses food safety and quality requirements and is ideal for businesses supplying local and global food markets.
Get Started on Your Gap Assessment Now