FSSC 22000 Standard for Food Manufacturing (ISO/TS 22002-1)
Certification to this standard is designed for companies that process or manufacture animal products, perishable plant products, products with a long shelf-life, and food ingredients (e.g., additives, vitamins, bio-cultures, etc).
These audits are carried out by experienced food safety professionals trained specifically to the FSSC 22000 Standards for food safety.
FSSC 22000 contains a complete certification scheme for food safety systems based on existing ISO standards:
- Food safety management standard ISO 22000: 2005 ‘Requirements for any organization in the food chain’
- Prerequisite programs on food safety for food manufacturing – ISO/TS 22002-1
Food manufacturers that are already certified against ISO 22000 will only need an additional review against ISO/TS 22002-1 and additional FSSC 22000 requirements for certification.
What Is ISO/TS 22002-1 and How Does it Fit with ISO 22000?
ISO/TS 22002-1 supports the implementation of ISO 22000, section 7.2.3 that requires the implementation of prerequisite programs (PRPs), and gives a list of topics to consider, but does not specify what the PRPs should comprise. ISO/TS 22002-1 specifies these PRPs for food and food ingredient manufacturing processes.
ISO/TS 22002-1 was developed to “fill in the gaps” for PRPs – specifically for manufacturing operations providing a rigorous, consensus-based standard which enables ISO 22000 + ISO/TS 22002-1 to meet the GFSI requirements for recognition as a certification scheme.
AIBI-CS has auditors competent in the following product categories.
- Perishable animal products
- Perishable vegetable products
- Products with long shelf-life at ambient temperature
- Canned products, beverages, alcoholic drinks/fermented/brewed products, bakery products, dried foods and ingredients, confectionery, cereals, snacks, oils, and fats
- (Bio) chemical manufacturing
- Packaging material manufacturing
- Printing, paper, plastic, metal, glass
AIBI-CS maintains accreditation based on scheme owner's requirements.